Requests for early departure
What do I do if my child needs to leave school early?
Phone calls and emails are not accepted.
- All prearranged appointments require a handwritten note signed by a parent/carer to be presented before 9 am.
- Students leaving early without a note must be collected by a Parent/Carer in person at the front office.
Option 1 - our preferred process
If you know your child has to leave school early for any legitimate reason please follow the process below.
- Parents need to send a hand written and signed note with children to be signed by a Deputy Principal before 9am.
- Students then present their signed note to the Front Office to receive their leave pass.
- During class, at the designated time, students show their leave pass to their teacher and are able to leave. (Without a leave pass they are questioned by teachers on gate supervision).
- Students who subsequently return to class after an appointment must swipe in at the Front Office before returning to class.
- Parents are reminded that this facility should be used only for medical or dental appointments that cannot be made after school or for other matters of an extremely urgent nature.
** It is extremely important to follow this process as it is not always possible to get your child from class if you arrive unannounced. This allows students to leave class at the time required without disruption to the learning of the other class members.
Option 2 - For urgent and last minute leave requests only
If you need to collect your student for an URGENT unforeseen event and have been unable to send them to school with a note you are required to come to the front office to sign your student out.
This process takes longer so PLEASE ALLOW 15 minutes for your child to be sent for.
No student should leave the school grounds without permission.
Students being collected by someone other than their parent/carer or emergency contact
During school hours students are only allowed to leave with their own parent/carer or a person listed as an “Emergency Contact” as per the enrolment application.
If you require another person to pick up your child for any reason you will need to write a note for your child. This note will need to be signed and approved by the Deputy Principal before 9 am and a leave pass issued by the office.
The person named on the note will be required to come to the office with identification.